Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Update - 3 Days In

Well, here we are, day 3. It may or may not hurt to type. The 9 Minute Missions - which are essentially torture sessions (burpees, anyone?) are killing me. Maybe that's dramatic. Or is it? I've not been this sore in ages, which tells me 1) I'm super out of shape and 2) Walking on treadmills does not a workout make. At least not when that's all you're doing.

On my mind on day 3:

  • The food intake seems to be okay. I'm tracking with My Fitness Pal and still coming in too high in calories on the low carb days. Which is sort of hilarious since I'm not exactly eating a lot. I figure this is all going to take continued fine tuning.


  • The workouts, as I mentioned before, are kicking. my. ass. I never would have believed you if you told me 9 minutes of exercises were harder than 60 minutes on a treadmill. I would have been wrong. I have been doing the cardio piece too, which involves walking the dogs and I've been trying to run up hills but it's triggering some spectacular asthma attacks, so I need to percolate on how to best manage the cardio aspect of fitness.
  • To be successful on this plan - really any plan I guess - one has to plan ahead. The last thing I wanted to do after entertaining all weekend was cook a big pot of ratatouille on Sunday at 10pm, but I did it, and I've been grateful this week to just be able to grab my already portioned tupperware and hit the road.
  • Spinach is very versatile. Tonight it substituted itself for pasta since we didn't have enough spaghetti squash and can I tell you how great it was with ground turkey and sauce?
  • I like the structure of 5 smaller meals a day, eating every 3 hours. I just keep screwing up dinner. We tend to eat much later than 6:30PM so I'm dragging on keeping up with the schedule in the evening.
  • I discovered a new product for the high carb day of carb cycling: Siggi's Skyr Yogurt. It's apparently Icelandic. And it's awesome.  http://siggisdairy.com/products/ You should try it.
  • I haven't spend a dime on breakfast or lunch out this week. And let me tell you, I haven't missed it one bit. Plus, if I keep this up, we will definitely be millionaires. $12-$15/day on crap takeout foot adds up. 
  • I have switched to Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk for my coffee. I'm saving approximately 75,000 calories every morning with this change.

And so that's that. I have found that I am tired much earlier every night. In fact I fell asleep in the middle of writing a blog post on Monday night. Getting up earlier and being more active plus the removal of unnatural stimulants are making me tired, but in a good way.

Until next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment