Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Plan


Yes, the theory of weight loss is simple. Less calories in, more calories out = lost weight. 

But I know myself and I know that to make this successful I need a plan.

There are approximately 75,000 weight loss plans in the universe. This is a fact. I found it on the internet.

After days of deep intensive internet scouring (read: googling things and following rabbit hole links to blog after blog) I stumbled across the theory of Carb Cycling. Intriguing, isn't it? So off I went to see what else I could find and ended up at the (virtual) doorstep of Chris and Heidi Powell. What I read made sense, so I ordered their book. 




I've been reading it over the last few days and sat down this morning to make my plan to tackle Week 1. Yes, I'm starting Monday. Because starting before the July 4th weekend just seemed like setting myself up for immediate failure. Because watermelon margaritas are awesome.

The theory behind Carb Cycling is that if one alternates low carb and high carb days your body will be confused, and it will burn fat and use carbs for good instead of becoming saddlebags. Now, the carbs on high carb days are whole foods, not chips and crackers and cookies. Or beer. (But they build in a reward day, so all is not lost!)

As a full-time working mom I know I will only be successful if I plan this thing ahead of time. I won't lie, sitting down to actually make the plan was overwhelming today. But I stopped overthinking it and looked at the graphics and y'all, it's not rocket science. Whole foods. Portion control. 5 smaller meals a day. 

I spent a good hour working on a list today and hit the market. It's now 10:54PM and we had a great day full of friends and family and I am just sitting down after making Chicken Ratatouille, one of the book's recipes, which will serve as lunches over the next 4 days. 

I feel prepped. Mentally and with what's in the fridge, so in the words of Peter Pan...

Here we goooooooooooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment